Friday, October 6, 2017

It's All So Heavy

I wrote this poem a few years ago.  It seemed like the perfect introduction to my next blog post coming up.  





It's All So Heavy

It's all so heavy. 

How do I carry

All that's weighing down my heart?

My body is tired. 

I'm uninspired

From all the things that tear my world apart. 



Lord, I don't know

Where I should go. 

All this worry has me lost in my own maze.

There was a sun, 

But for now there's none

As the clouds seem to make a foggy haze. 


My hurt is great. 

On You I wait

To bring me back into the light once more. 

And there You are. 

You're never far. 

You have never locked Your door. 


It was me 

Whose bended knee 

Never took the time to reach the ground. 

Prayer had stopped 

When I reached the top, 

And flat on my back is where I now am found. 


Here I plead 

That You'll help me; 

That You'll pick me up and dust me off again. 

Heal my hurt, 

From sin avert, 

And lead me to where I should have been.
-Megan Combs

I just want to add here that if you're reading this and going through something that feels like more than you can bear, please don't let yourself think that you're alone.  Talk to someone.  It helps.  No one has to carry a burden alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment